1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Land clearing pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Duramax8832, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

Well we cut the trees today..The excavator is getting moved over Friday morning. I will have many more pics. We are setting a 2 car garage into the hill..The second story will be for storage and will have a walk out aound the back..The digging is very boney gravel, it would be great material if it was run through a crusher.

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke LawnSite Member

Cool Like the skidder that must make life alot better clearing lots.
  3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't that overkill using a skidder for those baby trees :laugh:

Lots of good firewood for somebody don't get it too dirty skidding it because dirt sure makes the firewood cutting experience frustrating :D

Keep us updated on the progress :canadaflag:
  4. Duramax8832

More Pictures

5. Duramax8832

I still have to dig the frost wall across the front..Thats my dad running the shovel, next to the chipper.
  6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That 200 Hitachi looks in good shape good sized machine for doing most jobs.
  7. Duramax8832

It has about 6,000 hours on it..Im pretty sure it got fresh paint and decals last winter..It really is the perfect size, plenty of reach and power..Not a whole lot of tail swing either
  8. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay I have to ask, I don't remember if I have read the answer to this before or not but I have noticed that it 'seems' that more excavators back east have more mechanical thumbs than hyd. thumbs? Is it just coincidence that I happen to see most from the east coast with them or is there an actual reason behind this? I know that we're closer here in Washington State to some big companies like PSM and CWS and HPF so it may cost less for shipping. I'm just curious.

9. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

well here in the hills of east tennessee we just build our own stuff like that and mechanical thumbs are just easier. all that plumbing gets expensive
  10. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

I love your truck!!!