Land Clearing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by The landscaper, Jul 24, 2007.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have to clear a back yard for a guy. Its a little different scope than the work we usually do so not sure what kind of price to throw out. I would guess the area is about 30' x 100' with a mix of small medium and large trees. I need to be able to get rid of the stumps too so grass can eventually be put in. Any idea on what to charge for something of this nature.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Hourly rate + any rentals (don't forget fuel) + debris disposal

Provide an estimated # days.......don't do hours. You bill a 1/2 day I bet you'll work a whole and lose a 1/2 day pay.

3. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

:canadaflag: good advice cracker,and pull the stumps don't grind them[IE excavator rental]good luck!

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Yeah cut waist high for leverage.

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

We do jobs like this at an hourly rate for labor of 45 dollars an hour. Same for machines with operators, anywhere from 115 an hour on up for small skidsteer to 175 an hour for a larger excavator, kinda depends on the size of the stumps you are going to have to deal with, if a tree is saw 24 inche diameter flush cut the root ball could easily be 8 foot square, requiring a pretty big machine and truck ot container to get it off site. I would rent a skidsteer with a grapple tooth bucket or clearing rake, or if you have the machine rent the attachment, it will save you hours and hours of grief.