land grant university fact sheets deleted, why?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jul 15, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

:waving: I see it all the time. We use "fact sheets" to leave for customers with hort probs. We even have some really great ones that were published before the advent of the web. Fact sheets are a fine source of information that explain exactly why hort problems ocurr as well as methods of help. What I don't get is, why are many of these fine articles (based on extensive university results) deleted from the web a year after they were published? Examples: "Proper Mowing During Summer" and "Crabgrass in Lawns". Both were from Iowa State University. rscvp

2. kmiller23

kmiller23 LawnSite Member

3. americanlawn

from midwest

Thanks kmiller. I checked Purdue's site. We rely on Purdue's expertise quite often, but regarding crabgrass/mowing during summer months, Purdue recommends mowing Kentucky bluegrass as low as 2 1/2 inches. We recommend 3 - 3 1/2 inches during hot/dry summers. Iowa State does too, but I can't find their fact sheets online anymore. Thank god I have the originals.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

5. americanlawn

from midwest

Thanks guys for the great info. I don't suscribe, but we use fact sheets (to hand out to customers when needed) from Ohio State, Purdue, Iowa State, Penn State, Cornel, Nebraska, Colorado, and a handful of other L.G. Universities. Just depends which has the best to offer for each subject. I'm a big Hwakeye fan, but ISU is our land grant U...I finally found the fact sheets I was looking for >> they were moved to www.ipm.iastate.edu//ipm/hortnews