Land Mine!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fixer67, Jun 9, 2004.

1. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

On may way home from work today I stopped to get gas before it went up again. Off to the side of the parking lot there were a group of men all gathered around a lawn mower on a trailer. So I went over to see what the deal was. There was this MTD 42" cut rider and every one was pointing at the deck looking for 'damage'. I had to ask" What's up". They tell me this man was mowing a lawn for a real estate company and there had been an accident of sores. They were laughing about it. I tried and failed to get an answer from them. As I am paying for the gas I notice this man sitting in the corner trying to drink a cup of coffee. He has both hands on it and can barely hold it still enough to drink. The cashier tells me the deal. He was mowing and hit a shoot gun shell and it went off under the deck. Well that would scare anyone but why was he so out of it. Then I learn he was in Vietnam. Then it hits me. I bet he though the had hit land mine. I can not imagine nor do I want to at what was going on in his mind as he sat there. You could look in to his eyes but there was no one looking back. I felt like cursing those old men out for laughing about what had happen. I bet the closeest any of them have came to combat is the Late Show on Satarday night.