land of pride mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mock, Mar 15, 2008.

1. mock

mock LawnSite Member

I noticed that nobody talks about a land of pride mower are they a good mwoer i've noticed they have well bilt deck but what about the whole mower any info.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

They were ok at one point when hustler made them for land pride. Now that hustler doesnt make them I couldnt tell you one way or the other if they are any good or not.

3. dualsmows

dualsmows LawnSite Member

I own 2 of them and they both do a splendid job...

4. Monk44141

Monk44141 LawnSite Member

Been looking at the zxt pro myself 31kaw 60" cut priced at $6750. How much acreage will it handle? Just cant make myself do as of yet. Anything else about the mowers? and i was wondering about the deck durability?

5. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a dealer about 35 miles from me that sells them. They are popular to the farmer who has run land pride equipment all his life. But the commercial guys who buy one trade them off quickly. We had 2 traded into us this year with less then 50 hours on them casue they were not happy with the QOC nor ride and hill stability.

They are good for joe farmer, but not for commercial work.

6. mcduff48

mcduff48 LawnSite Member

We took them on about a year ago. Since then quite a number of the ZXT Pro's have been sold to commercial accounts and so far we haven't seen any problems other than the usual. Flat tires, broken belt....etc. They are well designed and built and don't spend time in our shop. That's all I can say about them so far. :usflag:

7. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

That's funny, if you look two posts previous to yours, a COMMERCIAL cutter who has been in the business 17 yrs said that they do a "splendid job for him". I would say that he should know whether they are suitable for commercial work or not.

I'm not saying that they're the best commercial mower or anything, but I don't think it is accurate to say that they are not good for commercial work.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i would have to agree, i think they are fine and that is a good price too.

9. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Not so....every guy has different circumstances..wet ground...hills..thick grass...bumpy terrain...sandy loam...slick clay. Years ago..there was really no such thing as scag or hustler in central new jersey for example. Sure they mulched awesome or cut well....its just they were too slow and way too heavy. Seemed more like farm equipment at the time. You just never know why someone likes his mower till you see what he's doin with it.

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

1. It is "Landpride", not "Land of Pride"
    2. They were built by Hustler for Landpride for several years
    3. Now, their larger commercial duty ZTR's are built by Ariens, and are a rebadged Everide.