land pride bagger

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by captken, Apr 23, 2003.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Will the bagging system that land pride offers install on my hustler z? It looks more practical than the clamshell device you offer.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes it will fit, it will bolt on with now modifications at all.
    We manufacture the blower for there unit, so you are getting the same blower that we use.
    Why dont you consider the 3 bag system we offer ???
    Here is a pic.......

catcher1.jpg

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Another.....

catcher2.jpg

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

And another.....

catcher3.jpg

5. captken

Can you provide specs? Is it permently attached, can I remove the blower to side discharge and can the unit be easily removed? How does it operate? Infomation please!

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is the same blower as the Hustler Bac-Vac, it removes with no tools in under 1 minute.
    The hopper bracket is bolted on, but the hopper sub assembly removes with no tools also (2 pins).
    The unit holds 11 bushels of grass or leaves and possibly more if your shredding with Gator blades.
    It operates just like our Bac-Vac, it has the same exact pulley and blower set-up.
    No extra motor to worry about, it is spindle driven.
    Let me know if you have any other questions

Later
    Pj

7. captken

PJ, How is the grass distributed? In other words, in what order and manner do the hoppers fill? Is there any overhang side to side outside the rear wheels? What does the unit cost? are the castor weights included? How do you dump the hoppers?
    Details please.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The bags are filled from left to right, I believe, I never looked or stopped to check, I will make sure for you, and post if I am wrong.
    There is little overhang, about 2 inches or so (on the rear hopper), the blower on the side of the deck will add another 12.5", for a total width of deck with the blower installed of 74.5".
    Unit cost is going to vary by dealer, but I would assume it to retail for about 2200.00 or so, it may be less, it may be more, check with your dealer to make sure.
    The front castor weights are included.
    The bags slide out and remove for you to dump, there is a handle on the bottom of the bag for you to empty it.
    Here is a pic of the catcher that should help you figure it out.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

Later
    Pj

p1010007.jpg