landclearing pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Jun 22, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

some before and after pics of the latest landclearing job. i rented a rotary mower from john deere to use on my ct332. i wasnt to impressed with the mower but i think a hour of sharpening the blades would have done wonders. the machine impressed me with the fact that it didnt get stuck, if i let it sit in one spot for more then a few minutes it would start to sink down and before to long the water was coming about 4'' on the tracks. when mowing i kept going in strait lines so i didnt tear up the turf and brush that were acting like my track mats. a few times i did turn to sharp and it pushed the vegetation off to ex posse the wet peat those where the spots i had a few close calls. the trail of wood chips was to bridge over a super wet spot. in all it took about 2 hours of mowing and about 8 hours of loading brush into the dump truck and hauling it away. the bradco root rake/grapple is worth its weight in gold at this point.

PICT0860.jpg

PICT0124.jpg

PICT0125.jpg

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I hate those oversize lawn mowers, one rock and both blades are shot to hell.

I'm guessing that that was just a "spot" peat bog.

3. P.Services

yeah the blades are trash. what do you mean by a "spot" ? the whole site is about 16'' of wet peat and then grey marrow. the spot close to me is where it was dry enough that i could pull the vegetation off thats why its so dark.

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

Is someone building a house on that "slop"

5. P.Services

no some bigtime baseball player owns the lot and is trying to sell it now so they had me clear it hoping it will sell faster. i hope i get to push all that peat up out of there, its real nice stuff once its dry and screened.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

"Spot" peat bogs are defined by solid ground all around and a depression in the middle where over the course of a hundred years, decomposed tree matter turns into peat soil. We have "spot" peat bogs here too, usually on a hill, but most of our peat land is up against a mountain.