Landclearing video from Cat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Feb 4, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, nice vids, suck on that Bobcat!!!!!

I sure like that smaller mulcher, I wonder how it does in thick grass and blackberries?

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Yancey brothers is a pretty big Cat dealer.
    I am like a kid in a candy store when I go there.:)

4. Boss Exc.

Boss Exc. LawnSite Member

The C series CAT skidsteers with those Loegering tracks look sooo sweet!GOD I WANT ONE BAD!

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Sux you can't download the vid....

6. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I just demoed a new CAT 297C last week with a FECON mulcher head on it. They didnt have a CAT head to bring me. I can tell ya I REALLY liked the pressurized cab. I didnt get a speck of dust on me while mulching for the day. The only time I got dirty was when I had to clear the vines out from the head as well as the chainlink fence I "found".

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I was in a 256c this week in really dry, dusty area of Texas cleaning up around shredded cedar trees. The cab had plenty of dust in it and on start up you could see the dust blowing out of the AC system. The owner told me that the cab is not perfect and that when he grinds, he still gets dirty but that it's much better than his 268b cab and AC system.

His machine also caught on fire in the engine compartment while grinding and did 12k worth of damage and CAT didn't cover it under warranty.. This guy keeps his compartments clean but he thinks something hot got sucked into air cleaner as that appeared to be the point of origin for the fire. Just a heads up about grinding dangers. That's 3 C series machines I have seen burned up in the engine compartment. I wonder if there is a problem?

8. Blyth

Blyth LawnSite Member
    from tx

Geez.. YellowDog.. you didn't tell me about the good(bad) stuff... :)

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's why Cat offers the screen guarding for grinding work, if you don't have it on and it goes up in smoke, you're on the the hook because you knew it needed it on to protect it.

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

evidently his burned before CAT had a debris kit for the C series or they didn't tell him. They knew what he did for a living from what I gather.