1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landing Commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willyB, Jun 21, 2005.

1. willyB

willyB LawnSite Member

I am looking into commercial accounts for the first time next year. However, I don't know where to start. Sean Adams (lawnsite.com president) offers the commercial account manual and states it contains everything needed to land commercial accounts. $40. doesn't seem too steep of price if someone else has done the leg work.

What do you all think?
    Has anyone used this manual?
    Is there a better way to break into commercial lawn maintenance?
    Please advise! :confused
  2. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Well I do know that if you spend $40 you’re in the hole already for not doing any commercial work yet. If it sounds too good to be true walk away. You send me $ 20 and I’ll teach you everything you need to know..Yea right.. Start talking to home builders, real state people, you will be surprised how far you can get without giving your money to someone else to make fake promises. Trust me I do everything on my own and trust no one that will take my money to “help me” in this business. Just my opinion…. :cool2:
  3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Bidding Commercials is easy - Show them pics of past work you have done that shows you care about trimming and really manicuring the property.

Tell them you are not interested in being the low bidder. You are interested in making thier property a showcase.

You need to pick commercials that obviously have pride in their building and landscaping. I personally do only mowing, fert, etc, but this is working great on those places I see around that have nice landscaping etc. They want the best. We give them the best.

I have been doing this for a couple of years. We make straight lines, angle mow all different directions, even the short directions which take a bit longer, and guess what. The other LCO's in my area are all of a sudden trying to make straighter lines, Trying to angle different directions, And Best of All, they are even Trimming once in a while. ARE THEY FEELING THE HEAT?