1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landlord on O2 cuts me off!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, May 18, 2004.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Been doing these apartments for this guy for 4 years. Mow, bill, no problems. Well, I send out the first invoice of the year ( same price per cut as it's been for the last 4 years) and he calls me and leaves a message on my machine saying he's going to mow it himself. I have this visual in my head of this 70 year old guy using a push mower and holding his O2 tank in the other hand!!! What really gets me is that he's grossing over 12 grand per month on these units and I'm charging him $120/month to mow. Oh well, just hope he doesn't have a heart attack while mowing!!!!
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the title of this thread is hilarious
  3. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I charge residential property's more than that. Some customers have now idea the expense of what we do. He did you a favor, now you can use that time to make more money on someone else's property. Sorry about the event though.
  4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

He'll be back, as soon as the O2 runs out , or the temps hit the 90's, which ever comes first. LOL:D
  5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

What EastProLawn said.....................

I've seen this same slumlord driving around with a Lawnboy strapped down in the trunk of his Cadillac!! Go figure!!

Charge more??? I got $30/cut for 12 minutes, plus this acoount was part of a 4 yard cluster. Grossed $120 for 1 hours worth of mowing.
  8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Sounds like he got more Co2 than O2
  9. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Sometimes when a customer says I'm going to do it myself and I know they are full of bull, I'll straight out ask them whats up.
    Not to put them on the spot but there are always people who for some reason will not tell you if there's been a problem or if there is some other reason.
    Ask him to shoot you straight.
    You deserve to know and he owes you that.

It is fun to see them squirm too.
  10. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

I think he can't bring himself to tell you that he's got someone else to do it even cheaper than you did for.