Landpride Reverse Tine Tillers?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by akerr, Jan 17, 2006.

1. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

Does anyone have experience with this implement? I am looking into 64" RTA20 model. They appear to be heavy duty and they are pricey. Just wanted to get some feed back from someone that has run a landpride reverse tine tiller.
    Thanks,
    Adam

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

there great, work great and are built tough but they suck up some pto hp.

3. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I was worried about the horse power issue. I have a Kubota L3830 which is a 38hp tractor, but it has a 32hp pto rating. The dealer told me if it boughs down the tractor don't drop the tiller all the way down, make a couple passes lowering progressively on each pass. When I went to the dealer they only had a 70" RTA25 and that thing was a beast. I don't think my tractor would pick that thing up. They suggested I drop down a model and choose from a 56" or a 64" tiller.
    Thanks for the feedback
    Adam

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

32 hp at the pto I would drop down to the 56" model and you can sink it and do it in 1 pass, I have 35 pto HP and the 64" will bog or I have to creep to keep the rpms up. Wish I had the 56" model

5. akerr

akerr LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, I was leaning towards the 64" now I will go with the 56"
    Thanks
    Adam

6. hwm57

hwm57 LawnSite Member

I had an RTA a couple years ago, they till okay but wont go very deep because they are designed to prepare seedbeds, etc. When it wore out we bought a Kuhn forward drive tiller, which we like very well. We can prepare seedbeds, etc plus till gardens and such.