Land's Pride and Hustler Ztr's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by notforprofit, Jun 17, 2004.

1. notforprofit

notforprofit LawnSite Member

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, my first post actually. As the name implies, I'm not a commercial mower, but none the less after reading/following this forum for about a week I can't believe how much I've learned. My hat is off to all of you! Thanks.
    Anyway, I'm in the market for a commercial-type ztr. I'm seriously looking at Kubota(ZG23) and Hustler (Fastrak 2052 or mini-z). However, I've come across a dealer who has a couple of last model year Land's Pride ztr's. These are made by Hustler. In fact, from what I've been able to find out, they are EXACTLY the same as the full size Z (except for color-tan). These units have the 23 Kaw. with 60" decks. One has the standard seat, the other is equiped with the suspension seat. He's aking $6250 and $6500 respectively.
    Are these units worth considering (bigger than I was originally looking for)? How are the prices? What should the price be (ie. What should I offer?) ?
    Forgot to add, I'm mowing 3-3 1/2 acres at home and a neighbor or two's yard. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks-
    Duane

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

with the suspension seat....you will not regret it....

I would never consider owning a ZTR without a suspension seat.

Hustler makes the Land Pride ZTRs.

To see how much this years Hustler Z cost, go the the manufacturers forum for

Hustler Turf Equipment.

That should give you some insite to your question concerning price.

I am happy with all my Hustler purchases, and will likely buy another Hustler product.

Too big? No!

Worth considering?
    Hell yes!.
    :angel: