1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Accounts Wanted in NJ

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by loupiscopolandscaping, Feb 4, 2008.

1. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, I'm the owner of Lou Piscopo Landscaping Inc.. Our services is located in Brick, NJ. We are looking to purchase new lawn clients for the 2008 season. If interested in selling accounts in the Ocean or Monmouth County area please contact us at 732-202-1880. Thank you, Lou Piscopo Inc.

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey man, welcome to the site. I think I've actually seen one of your trucks around. I actually am not selling any accounts, but if you're interested, I'll keep your information and I'll throw you any calls I get for Monmouth County as I don't go up that far. Hope this helps a little bit.

3. loupiscopolandscaping

Thank you Bill,
    This was my fathers business. We started in Somerset and Union County's. He passed away due to cancer 5 years ago. I moved the business here to Brick almost 3 years ago. Im trying to get more clients in the area. Ill be honest I'm not the biggest fan of maintenance, we specialize in hardscapes, but we need the work in the slow summer months. Its hard going from 150+ accts to only 20, esp. when i still have the same bills. I don't think I've seen your trucks around. I'm trying to find a place that takes grass for the upcoming season. I use to dump clippings at my friends farm, but they moved this week. Thanks again for everything Bill, Lou Piscopo Inc.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, no problem, you probably haven't seen me around, I'm not in Brick very often. I do most of my work in Toms River, Manchester, and Berkeley. Only a little bit in Brick. Anything I can't handle will be thrown your way. I don't know where to dump grass clippings either. If I find somewhere that accepts it, I'll let you know. If you find a place I would also appreciate a lead. Good luck out there...maybe I'll see you out there.

5. loupiscopolandscaping

Im sure you go to the County Recycling center for Leaves and Brush located off towbin rd. I hear theres a dump somewhere in Tinton Falls, not sure where, but there has to be somewhere closer. Thats a timely drive, and with landscaping.....Time is Money!lol

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya. Thats a hike just to dump. Yeah, I go to the County Recycling center for leaves and brush. I want to know where the secret grass dump is around here. You see all these guys bagging grass. I just for the life of me can't figure out where they're all taking it. I heard something about Tinton Falls also. If thats the only place to take it, I would go there. Do you have any information about it? ie: location, fees, etc.

7. loupiscopolandscaping

Sorry Bill, but i just heard the town from centers and Clients. I bag most of my accounts, but some i can't.I dont have a catch system for my 62 Z Master or my 52 great dane super surfer. If an account wants me to bag i have to use my walkbehinds.

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

No problem, I've heard you can dump it at the dump on Rt. 70 in Manchester but it's like $150 a load..no matter how big or small. I think thats pretty steep if you ask me.

9. loupiscopolandscaping

umm 150 a load? hahahaha if so, i think id rather pull off to the side of the road and "accidently" hit the lift botton and say its an electical problem to an officer.lol thats very steep! i have a 2003 f350 9ft mason dump. i can hold about 6-7 yards of grass. the MOST i would pay is $50 for a dump. We gotta get in good with a farmer around here, they can use it for compost and in the meantime enjoy the smell.lol

10. Wilson Edge

Wilson Edge LawnSite Member

hey how do you like your super surfer...I have the the same mower....i had one of the hydro motors go out at 47 hrs but no other problems....i bag with mine using a accelorator bagger.....let me know what you think!!!!