landscape bed for truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by packey, Oct 11, 2007.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if any of you have put a landscape body on a crew cab pick up? I mow in a resort town and not having the trailer would be awesome especially when it comes to parkng. Try parallel parking in a 1ton crew cab with a trailer fun. Also who builds landscape bodies and what are they going for
  2. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

While not a crew cab, We took the box off our 06 K2500HD and put a 9.5 foot flat deck with rack. A ramping system was part of the construction. Receivers for ramps were built into it. 3400 lbs capacity of ramping travels beside the 54" mower on deck, held on by 2 3000 pound ratchet straps.The trimmer is a split boom with a blower attachment as well. This sits disassembled in the passenger foot well with a 1 gallon trimmer gas can. This is our urban mowing unit. Good for small apartments and house work. Our local welder swapped us for work so I can't give you a definite price, but $5000 would be a start price. Check welding fabricators and truck body shops. Given the purchase price of a trailer and upkeep of the trailer, the convenience makes this a definite good idea.