Lawn Care Forum banner

Landscape Bed project.

8K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  LindblomRJ 
#1 ·
I decided to put some pictures of the result of this project here for some of you that might not visit the trucks n trailers section. Here is a link to the build of this bed. We got it back from powder coat today and set on the frame. Obviously it looks goofy right now until we get the dump mounted in front. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=398289

See less See more
#7 ·
Flooring will be treated 2x6
Price to powder coat was $350 for single coat or $450 for double coat. I opted for the double coat. They did a fantastic job. The expanded metal is smooth. Even the metal beneath the expanded metal is covered where as paint would leave voids. Very impressed with the powder coater.

#13 ·
Took a week to fabricate. There were a couple days where we plowed though and didnt work on the bed. Total man hours are about 50. Some trial and error when it got to the gates and some other BS.
Had $1600 in steel, $450 in powdercoat, and we'll be getting the wood today for the floor.
The bed is actually going to be about a foot closer to the cab than it is in these pictures. It isn't set in place yet we just set it in the frame.
Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
Total length is 30' tip to tail. It's 12' from the front of the body to the front bumper, 14' flat, 4' dovetail. It's actually moved forward 16" from that picture. The dump is 5' wide. We are trimming down an existing dump box we have. The hydraulic unit will be mounted on the frame of the truck next to the battery. More pics later next week.

#26 ·
The bed is all finished up and the insert is mounted. Used it today on a cleanup so I snapped a few pics before it rolled off. We rebuilt the gate to a single piece 7ft gate with torsion springs on the bottom. 3 springs are just enough. 4 springs the gate actually holds up off the ground. Very pleased with the overall result.
Enjoy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.