1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape book club

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LB Landscaping, Jan 6, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Does anyone belong to the Garden & Landscape Design Book Club? I received some info from them in the mail today offering 4 books for $7.99 if I buy three more in the next 2 years. Sounds kind of like columbia house or BMG who offer CD's and tapes. It looks like they have a pretty good selection of books. They offer books on a variety of landscape topics.

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

4 books for $8? I would re-think that. The books I buy for the most part are $60 and up each. Who are the authors?

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Book 1 is The Complete Book Of Pruning by Duncan Coombs, Peter Blackmore-Maze, Martin Cracknell, and Roger Bentley its 224 pages published in 2001.

Book 2 is Insect, Disease & Weed ID Guide by Jill Jesiolowski Cebenko & Deborah Martin 320 pages published in 2001.

Book 3 is Th American Horticulture Society Great Plant Guide By the AMS 672 pages Revised in 2000.

Book 4 Making More Plants by Ken Druce published in 200 256 pages.
    These are not little books, all are full color and full of photos. I fugured for $8 I've got nothing to loose. Might be some good referance material.

4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure about the others but #3 is a great book. It was $16.95 at the local book store.
    What is the web address for this book club?

5. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

If you say they are great... then what do you have to lose? Really useful books though include just about anything by Dirr. Also there are 2 books from Cornell. 1 is for insects, the other is for diseases. Each book is about 600 pages long and costs about $70 a piece.