Landscape Business for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by gregdowd, Jan 2, 2007.

1. gregdowd

gregdowd LawnSite Member

70% Residential, 30% commercial, of which 60% desing build installation, 40%maitenenace. 40 plus years in the business, famly owed in very affluent community in Eastern Massachusetts.

Cash flow 2005 140,000.00

Back log work through September 07

lots more info to go over for anyone who is interested.

2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are all the accounts located. To bad you weren't a little closer to Peabody or I would be interested.

3. gregdowd

gregdowd LawnSite Member

We cover most of Eastern MA for design build from Cape Cod to Glouster. Maintenance is more local, Metro West Boston Area, Dover, Sherborn, Medifled, Millis, Weswood, Needam, Newton, Wellesley, Weston.

4. MysticLandscape

To bad it wasn't closer or I might be interested.

5. gregdowd

gregdowd LawnSite Member

OK, thanks for the interest. Trying to sell everything over the next year to move on to other business intrestes. Ben doing this a long time and ready for a change. Could be a great situation for the right person.

6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck with selling the buisness, 40 years is quite a long time. Are you selling equipment too? If you are unable to sell the buisness for any reason as a whole, then maybe you would consider selling the accounts and equipment separately, i know i would be interested in equipment, but it's a 2 hr drive out there, and not fesible for weekly maint.

7. gregdowd

gregdowd LawnSite Member

Have long list of equipment and have an estimated value for the all of at 420,000.00 Lots of iron all in good, or new working condition. Much of the big numbers are in the constuction equipment. Without going into huge detail, backhoes,escvators, dump trucks, tailors ect.... Included are the maintenace items, several mowers and related gear, you know that list, I'm sure. All of it works good and is ready for next season. I'm interested in selling both the equipment and the accounts however, would split the two if another company just wanted the name and accounts. Not sure how things would operate as most work days there wasn't a truck in the yard and all of the equipment was in motion every day, but all depends on the deal.

This is a mid to large size company for the area with 4-6 full time and 12-15 part time employees. The faciltiy is also availble as part of this deal and would consider lease or direct purchase. Anyway, lots to look at and lots going on here with this transition. If it makes a difference the building curently generates 2,500.00 / month in rental income as the Landscape operations do not take up the whole facility and we have long term leases in hand. Like I said, lots to consider and lots going on, but this does generate a very good living, finicail freedom, and long term equity growth.

8. MysticLandscape

You wouldn't happen to have any 6 X 12 trailers you would let go would you?

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

poor gregdowd, were gonna start picking him and his equipment apart.unfortunately i only know one or two members that live in that area. Not too many people from MA, let alone the dover area. Have you liosted the buisness for sale localy? how about informing larger compainies, and your local competition?

10. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Did you ever teach landscape constuction courses at Mass. Bay C.C. in the offseason?