Landscape concept plan for my new house

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EagleLandscape, Feb 20, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Landscape concept plan for my new house, thought I would share.

Attached Files:

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Not bad........................

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

You might want to mark out the walkway before you build it. It sweeps out far enough that many people are going to shortcut across the lawn. I would say the same about how far you put it down the driveway, but you are mitigating that somewhat with the pots. Once you get through the bed, it is very uncomfortable to swing wide to eventually get to the door. Many people will still follow your walk but it does create mental discomfort in doing so. Try it out.

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

in the driveway are you just doing those squares of pavers or is that just to show what the whole driveway will be done as?

5. EagleLandscape

Im Gonna Do Pavers In Those Areas, Or Stained Concrete.

6. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it! What ideas or plans do you have for plant material.

Also a couple thoughts;

The planting beds on the west side of the house are kind of shallow at the corners.
    Corners of a house are well planted with large plants, about two thirds the height of the corner. so you might want to consider the planting beds to allow space.

Also, the way the walkway curves through the round planting bed is busy. I like it busy, but it will not be low maintenance.

Where the walkway meets the driveway, it looks like you are specifying pots where the walkway widens. The pots are a great idea. The wide area has step shaped lines! You are using curvy lines everywhere else, so I think it would look better if the widened walkway was also made with curves, rather than blocks.

7. EagleLandscape

No, Im not going to redo the corners, that far top left hand corner I will hardly ever go to. And I'm not in agreeance with the 2/3 rule, thats silly.

Im sticking with the curves and the sharp edges on the entry. I want a little "edge and bite" to the landscape.

I cant make an arboretum low maintenance.

Im not sure on the plant material, and im actually not going to design it. im having an LA do it, but ill spec ones that i want, and textures, yada yada. i wont have the plant material planned out until mid summer. but im gonna go a wall with 4 pillars where the guest parking area is. i think thatll be cool. id like to add two pillars at the front of tghe driveway too...