Landscape Construction & Design

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jazak, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I took a class at the local county college. I'm allowed only 9 cedits since I'm in the Challanger Program (for kids still in high school), I'm 16. The challenger program is NOT easier then going to college as I'm in class with college students and get assigned the same work, its just for highschool students that have good grades and whant to see what college is like + get up to 9 credits which when you officaily enroll college get deducted off of what the required credits are so its a win-win situation for me. We are going to cover,

Construction Planning
    Dry-Laid Paving
    Concrete
    Brick & Flagstone
    Fences
    Walls Using Precast Stone
    Exposed Aggregate Concrete
    Mainting Gasoline Engines
    Developing Maintenance Schedules for Landscape Construction Equipment.
    Most of this stuff I'm pretty familair with but I took the class to learn what I don't know, get some credits and to see whats its like in college. In about 15 classes that a 4hr.s long, 1 1/2hr.s lecture, 2 1/2hr.s hands-on . We also get to run a Case skid steer & Kubota tractor with bucket and hoe (which is nothing new to me). We may also get into waterfeatures. I took my first class today and it was great. :weightlifter: So tell me what you guys think.

BTW I am also taking Spanish class.