Landscape Curbing

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Nov 6, 2007.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

How many people are currently doing it? What are you charging by the foot? How many jobs are you doing a week/month?? What part of the country are you in? I'm looking seriously into getting into this business and wanted everyones opinion! Thanks in advance!

2. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have a guy here who charges $1.00 per linear foot for standard size curbing. I heard of guys around $.70 lf. also.

3. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

From what I have seen the cost of concrete curbing is something like two dollars a foot. So, I'm pretty sure that $1.00 per foot is low. I'm thinking about doing it next year too. I think the range is something like $4-6 per ft. I've never seen anyone doing it around here, so I really don't know what other guys charge.

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

The cost here is $2.50 a lineal foot with a $250 minimum charge. That is not for color.....that's extra (which I do not know the price of). There is a huge demand here for curbing and these guys usually end up with 3-4 trucks within a few years time. Big demand, homeowners don't want to fuss with the back breaking stuff........they would rather fight you on the price of sod and installation.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

2.50 here as well, colored to your liking. That is for 4x6 or shaped from 4x6. Ive seen some curbing that is like 2x4, looks wimpy.

6. SwihartServices

What is your materials cost per ft?

7. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Wow, I would go out of business charging as low as some of you guys. We charge $8 per linear foot with a 50ft min.

8. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys that are charging less than $2.00 PSF are from the warmer states. no freeze/thaw. Up here, a curb would be all over the place in a few seasons. Heck, Diesel fuel is close to $3.40 a gallon. Why give your work away? By the time you get your sand/portland, water, machine, prep... all that for a few bucks? no way. I can get $7-8 PSF for belgian block or curbstone.

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree its an add on service for us and I charge 4.75 basic no stamps or color and 6-8 for custom stamps. Theres always people that have no clue on pricing. At 1-2 plf how on the earth are you going to make any profit?

10. SwihartServices

Thats what I was thinking. Looking at the numbers, anything below 4.50 your just covering your cost.