1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Design Architect

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rookie03, Jun 22, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

I'm looking into places that are offering Landscape Design Architect Programs and was wondering if anyone has a degree in this area? If so, any thoughts on the program? Any advice for someone seeking to get into the Landscape Design Programs? Thanks!
  2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have a friend in Pensacola Fl. in a program now, evidently quite popular over there. Many of the grads go on to work in the golf course industry. Another gal I know did this and she's works for the State of Ct. now. Like many occupations I think a lot rides on where the work is. Warmer states = more work? Do your research, read the article "Tyranny of the diploma" and make sure it's what you really want to commit to. These are my best recommendations!

Best wishes! :)
  3. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Thanks for your post! I would really love to get the degree. The only negative aspect of it...I believe it takes quite a few hours to obtain. I would like to hear from anyone that has a Landscape Design Architect Degree and give me any info you may have. Thanks again!