Landscape design drawing good idea or dumb?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Above Par Lawns, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

View attachment 269274 So I'm working on a design for a customers flower beds and I was wondering what you would think if you were the customer and received this. He was wanting some plantings done this week however the weather isn't quite right yet. I've convinced him it'd be best to wait until sometime early May to be safe from any last minute frosts. I was thinking of sending him this picture for a little sneak peak of what the beds will look like but I don't want to seem unprofessional. What do you think?

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Any info on uploading pictures the right way from the iPad would be great too!
  3. Brilliantscapes

Brilliantscapes LawnSite Member

My designer draws everything out and paints it in water color. I find that it helps a lot, it presents that design as art as opposed to a design. I find that most people lack the ability to to really see the art in a design, there is just something sterile about a computer generated image. I would say though it depends on your area and the client. Most of my clients are rich and liberal so it goes over well.
  4. Josh B

Josh B Inactive

Looks great to me!