Landscape Design Ideas...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Sep 2, 2012.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

OK, so I've built a new house, and am getting ready to move into this place in the next week or 2. I've thrown around a million ideas to landscape the side of my house, but wanted to get some other opinons before I decided what to do.

So here's the rundown, length of the side of the house is approx. 35 ft. I'd like to bump this bed out to about 8-10 ft. The height of this house is around 30 feet, which i'm trying to cover up with some height from plants/trees.

This is the EAST side of the house. I'm open to any and all suggestions, so have at it! I appreciate everyone's help in advance!

holland2.jpg

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

can you do a 2d drawing in paint with the direction of the sun and your planting zone, plus some more pics would help

3. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

if you want height to blend the side and not look hideous you will need more depth than 10'

4. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are there no windows?

5. sgbotsford

sgbotsford LawnSite Member

Hire an itenerant artist to paint a picture on the side of the house.

Earlier post is correct: Very hard to do without a plan view.

6. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

Have you planted or designed anything since the original post? I think you should design something and then ask for advice on the design. I would be happy to make suggestions once you have but some time into design/drawing.

7. roeslandscaping

roeslandscaping LawnSite Member

10 pine trees should do the trick lol.... jk.
    I would do some type of trellis. Use some green giant arborvitaes on the ends, maybe 3 on each end... throw some knock out roses... they go good with green giants... also outline the edge in some verigater liriope.... that will give you a start.... then you can fill in the other areas
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

greenwall!

paint some windows on that side or build frames out of wood and hang them on the side so it looks like there are windows.

I'd plant some norways or white pines and call it a day.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

How close are you to the property line and how close will the next vinyl clad box, I mean house be?