Landscape Design Software Or Drawings?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawns by design, Jan 20, 2013.

1. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

I'll make it simple for all of us if you're being serious.
    buy this book.
    http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Graphics...68169&sr=8-1&keywords=landscape+plan+graphics

2. TheOakGroveGardeners

TheOakGroveGardeners LawnSite Member

3. TheOakGroveGardeners

The items on the drawings are placeholders for plant material. The ones you're asking about are for ornamental trees that were never installed.

4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

This may be a silly question- but what kind(s) of paper do you prefer?

5. TheOakGroveGardeners

i use canson or bienfang marker paper. if you don't want to get fancy, plain graph or engineer paper will suffice!

6. TheOakGroveGardeners

i'll post some pictures of all my drawing stuff for you.

7. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Awesome- thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

What size?

9. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

For those using CAD driven programs, are you using desktop or laptop computers?

10. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I use ACAD Lt - they do allow you to put a single copy on both your laptop and desktop, so I have it on both. I much prefer to use the desktop or a couple of reasons. The first is that I have it set up with two monitors which makes it easy for me to refer to other materials (site photos, an email, something from the internet, ...) as I draw. I also like having my desk set up where the keyboard is not attached to the monitor and I have a good gaming mouse instead of a finger pad on a laptop.

I have the laptop so that I can get work done when I'm not in my office or bring it on site (I rarely do either). I probably use the laptop more when I want to watch a football game on tv and get work done at the same time than I do on site. I do not like to use a computer when I present a plan - it makes some people think that the computer did it and makes me less important.

The laptop is also a great backup. I actually sat in my van working on a plan during a hurricane (weak one) while the power was out so that I had power for my laptop.