landscape design software

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Feb 28, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

anyone used a landcape design software. if so how good did it work.
  2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I use a program called canvas 8. you can get it from and check the upgrade box. it will save you a few bucks and they do not check. It is a very advanced drawing program but not specifically for landscape. although it will do so much more than the landscape design programs. The down side is that it does not have pictures of symbols or actual plants so you have to find them on the web or with digital camera and then earase the background. It takes a a while to do but you can have an unlimited number of photos or make unlimited symbols. you can do photo imaging, plan drawing, basically anything that the other programs do and much much more. I took a few courses at local college taught by a landscape designer from one of the biggest landscapers in our area and that is what the entire company uses. They had other programs costing 20 times as much but they couldn't compare to the things canvas could do. If you can find a course in landscape design that uses the program you will be very happy. the graphics are outstanding also. I have been using the program to make flyers, brochure, shirt logos, and on and on and also designed part of my web site with it to. Very veritile and very powerful and it only cost somwhere under 300.
  3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

If you are just getting started try PUNCH! Master Landscape and Home Design. It only costs $40-50 after rebate. You also need a digital camera if you want to use the Photo-Realism. You can do architectural drawings with this also if you choose. A lot of people on this site will say that the 3-D designs look cheap, but I didn't get one complaint from it last year. You also are not out $700-1500 if decide not to use software. E-mail me if you have specific questions. I just downloaded a new upgrade for my software today. You should also do a search on this site for software.