Landscape Design Software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Daleman, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

OK guys I need some suggestions and fast (I have 2 estimates I need done by this Saturday!!!). I am looking for an inexpensive software program available at retail stores (since I need it so fast). I am hoping to spend around $100 or less. I was hoping to find a program that has a catalog of perennials, bushes, trees, etc. I was also hoping to find a program that could show what the project would look like in each season of the year, and was like Cad looking and able to print out the projects. Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I use Punch! Master Landscape. It cost about $40 after the rebate. I have been using it for 2 years now. I demoed Pro Landscape which sells for $1295.00. I stuck with PUNCH because I can do almost everything Pro can do for 30 times less expense.Most of my designs are made using the Photo-Realism. You have to get a digital camera, take a picture of the house and transfer it to the software. After some practice it is very easy to use. The customers love the fact that they can see what the actual plants will look like in front of their house. You can also use the CAD option. It looks very professional but takes more time to learn.
    This program has a huge library of plants and trees. You can even add gazebos, benches, etc. Go to punchsoftware.com for more information. E-mail me if you have any other questions.

3. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

Lombardi check your email.

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Custom land designer is also another cheapy. It's basic but works fine. :cool:

5. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

This isn't what you are looking for but I have tried about every Landscape software that is cheap and finally bought Pro Landscape and have sold almost every job since I got it. It is so real and you can do anything with it in seconds. I can do a photo landscape design, do the lighting and do my estimate for all of it very easily. It is expensive but pays for itself in no time. Clients are sold as soon as you show them what you are going to do for them. For my larger jobs, I can actually use CAD and print off my plans for my crew to take and have a guidline to do a job. Very nice software and very easy to learn.

6. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I also have some of the cheaper software I was writing about and will sell you one for say $20. If you are interested in Custom Land Designer by Sierra, let me know and we can arrange something. It is okay for basic photos and designs.

7. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

8. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Amazon.com has Punch Master Landscape for $39.99 which is the price after the $20.00 rebate. $69.95 is the regular price but Punch has always offered rebates.

9. Daleman

Daleman LawnSite Member

I bought punch this morning from Office Depot. I really like it. Thanks all

10. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

How much at OD?