Landscape design software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Miller Time, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Miller Time

Miller Time LawnSite Member

Any prefrences to software packages out there? I'm re-designing a restraunt chains landscaping and need to get a package to send them ideas. Something with color and a good selection of species. Oh yeah, and easy to use. lol

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i'd say none are real easy especially if your on a deadline. Maybe draw it old school on paper and farm it out to someone with the package already. sounds like a fun project, I wish commercial stuff in my area did landscaping.

3. Miller Time

Bought green scapes design software. It's super easy and the best on the market jmho. On sale right now. Was 800 now 500.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ApolloLawnCareL.L.C

ApolloLawnCareL.L.C LawnSite Member

I am also interested in landscaping design software. Most of the research I've done with programs such as dynascape and pro landscape show a lot of master site plans but I've been trying to figure out if they also produce construction drawings for the hard structures that could be used onsite?

5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

The less it tries to automate for you, the more you can make it do. That's why I use AutoCAD 2013LT. Just give me an electronic drafting table, all I need.

6. ApolloLawnCareL.L.C

ApolloLawnCareL.L.C LawnSite Member

AutoCADLT only does 2D drawings right?

7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

No idea, I've been using SketchUp for my 3d work for at least the last 7+ years. My old employer was running AutoCAD 2002 (where I worked from 05-08) and the 3d was so clunky I jumped to SU and never looked back. I can look tomorrow though.

8. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

ACAD LT does not do 3d. It does have a z coordinate, but does not do surfaces.

9. Miller Time

Go online and check out the demo for the greenscapes design software. I ordered it and I'm gonna try it out today. It does night lighting low voltage stuff too.i do all the panera breads and I'm re doing all their gardens. I can't wait to present this to them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA