1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Design Software

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CorporateLandscape, Nov 16, 2003.

1. CorporateLandscape

CorporateLandscape LawnSite Member
    from MD

Hello Fellow Landscapers!
    Has anyone found a landscape design software that is worth investing in? I recently purchase Master Landscape by Punch! and found it extremely difficult to use! I am a seasoned software user and was not able to get it to work properly. Specifically, I am trying to import a picture (digital) of a potential client and add some landscaping scenarios. I have wasted half a day trying to no avail to get the software to produce the "beautiful pictures" like on the box!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  2. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I'm using the Architectural Series (version 6.0.1) of Punch Pro and just imported my business card into the plan cause I have no pictures of any houses. The digital pictures only show up as a line in the plan view but when you open the 3D view you'll be able to see the picture. Not how I thought it would work either but I had no problem seeing my digital image. The architectural series has a video tutorial of how to do it. If you version has the video tutorial, watch it.

Hope this helps.
  3. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

After playing around with this for a few minutes, it appears you would need to take picture of every side of the house and then place the digital pictures where the walls of the house would go in the plan view. You could then do a virtual walk around the house in the 3D viewer and see the house with your improvements that you added to the plan view.

Let me know if you need any moew help and I'll see what I can do.
  4. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Are you wanting a walk around view or just a front view with the landscaping installed?
    For a walkaround,you will have to take a pic of each and every seperate wall.Get as close as possible to fill the frame.Then use Photoshop or Paint SHop Pro to crop the photo.Make sure you label them so you will know which photo goes where.
    When cropping,cut the roof off of the pic and use the Roofing toolbar to generate a roof.It'll never look right with all those angles on the roof if you leave them as they are in the photo.
    Go to Punch's website.They have an upgrade(patch) available also.
    If you just want a front view,take your pic,as close as posible to fill the frame.Import it and it appears as a lineon the 2D view.The hardest part here is finding where to place your beds,shrubs,etc.,,Trial and error is the only advice I can give you there.
    For 69 bucks though,Punch is hard to beat.