1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Design Software

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark_Christopher, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Mark_Christopher

Mark_Christopher LawnSite Member

Hello everyone... I'am looking for a Landscape design program. One where I can take a picture of a prospective customer (using a digital camera) and incorporate it into te design program. From there, design them a new landscape or modify their existing one. Ive checked out a couple of places on the internet with DIG (Design Imaging Group) being one of them.
    The main problem iam having is finding software more in my price range. I found that DIG had what i want, but the price was too high ($900) for my budget. Being a small company, I dont have a lot of money to spend on something that wont be used everyday. My price range is more in the $200-$300 range. Can anyone help me? Or direct me to some websites.. ect? thanks!

2. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

We use DIG, yes the price is high but we had no trouble making our money back. I bought it about a year ago, and made the money back on the first job of the spring. Tom
  3. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I use "Pro Landscape", I like it a lot. I don't think you will find any professional design program in that price range, sorry. The DIG program looks pretty good also. They are well worth the money, the clients always go WOW!!!, when they see the end results. It is very impressive to see the end results... I even do design work for other landscapers.
  4. Mark_Christopher

Mark_Christopher LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input guys. I'll go check Pro Landscape and see if they have a website......

EDL, How long would you say it took you to learn DIG enough to where you were able to do small little projects(like ill be doing at first) Is it farily easy to learn? Another thing, did you get the full package deal ?? Where you have the design, the irrigation and the lighting?
    I do residential maintenance right now and have opportunies to present ideas and designs to clients but it makes it kind of hard when i dont have any programs and have to use pen and pencil....

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

This is another fine example of a topic that has lots of posts. Please check in the Landscape Forum for many more replies to this topic. And don't be afraid to use the search function. Please understand that I like to talk about this, but begin to feel redundant, posting the same repeated replies.