Landscape Design Software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by John Deere, Feb 4, 2001.

1. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

I want a program that will allow me to take a picture of the house and then show the customer what the house will look like after the job is done.

Any suggestions on a software program?

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

how much are you looking to spend?

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

First: Please use the Search function -- There have been a number of discussions on this topic.
    Second: If you don't mind paying quite a bit for the software, look at DIG Design Imaging. I've used it for two years. Clients really like the pretty pictures.

4. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

cheap - sierra (available locally at Fry's, probably thru Egghead.com)

expensive - DIG, ProLandscape (I have Prolandscape - they just came out with a new version)

Are you a full-time student? Prolandscape may offer a discount if you are.... same with Horticopia.
    Also - visit google.com - do an internet search

5. John Deere

John Deere LawnSite Member

Where do I find info on DIG?

6. smithsonmi

smithsonmi LawnSite Member

Has anyone used archiTECH.PC from Softcad (www.softcad.com) for landscape visualization?
    I was told that it can convert a landscape plan view into a 3D rendered scene (A great tool vs. 'painting'). However, getting the terrain and elevations correct would seem to be difficult.
    It seems the main tool is designed around home architecture.

7. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I use Sierra Custom Land Desginer 3D 6.0 and I like the results. The only regret I have with it is I wish I was able to do retaining walls in the picture. It's VERY simple to use and all you do is take a digital camera, upload the picture onto your computer, and then you're rockin'. It's only about 60 bucks but for that, you can't go wrong. You can always buy another one if you "outgrow" that one so what do you have to lose? Good Luck :)