Landscape Design

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JRSlawn, Mar 23, 2006.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Who here does hand drawn designs. I see everyone into these programs. I am starting to get away from the computer and into the hand drawn velum designs. I was wanting to get some other peoples opinion.
  2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We do both. It depends on the customers expectations and the size of the project.

3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Primarily hand drawn designs here.payup
  4. PlantSolutions

PlantSolutions LawnSite Member

I have done hand drawn designs, but I want to save time using computer generated.
  5. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

I also am interrested in doing designs and wondered about the rubber stamp kit advertised in the back of some landscape magazines. Anyone ever use those stamp kits? Isimply connot afford some of the software out there and have yet to hear good reviews on some of the less expensive programs...hell if i am gonna spend 1000 dollars on anything, it'll be a trip to the bahamas. lol
    Any thoughts?
  6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I use only Autocad. Why would you want to do hand drawn designs....isn't it less effecient? I am always impressed when I see hand drawn...but if I was a customer and had to pay that much more for a hand drawn design...I would prefer the computerized version.
  7. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

I really don't spend all that much time with stencils, most of the time is spent doing the measuring of the house and planting areas. So i guess my drawings wouldn't impress you as much. When you use autocad do you use a plotter printer for actuall blueprint size plans? I'll look more into my designs after spring rush slows down. Although i am still curious about those stamp kits for 100 dollars, could be quick and easy, still looking professional. Hope spring goes off without any hitchs for everyone...good luck.:drinkup:
  8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Hand draw to scale with computer printouts of the plants if paid, good looking chicken scratch if I'm not being paid.
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

some plans i have autocad plots done, any plant pictures etc are hand drawn in the areas by the horticulturist i work with. FULL out computer designs or 3d i dont do, if they requested it i would not do FREE estimates since that takes up A LOT of my measuring time, software costs, design costs etc only for the customer to use another company without the costs of this software/labor or take my plans and do it themselves.
  10. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

All my designs are by hand