landscape designing software... HELP!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by chunkitron3030, Apr 3, 2007.

1. chunkitron3030

chunkitron3030 LawnSite Member

hey all, i am in need of a good program that will give me a "top view" kind of like CAD or some type of blueprint software, and it has to work on a mac as well. we have a laptop here at work but have a hard time finding compatible software. please help. thanks.

2. chunkitron3030

and something other than google sketchup, we are using it now, but when you do a top view, all the models are flat. thanks!

3. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe I'm not understanding- wouldn't the point of a plan view be that everything is flat?

Dave

4. chunkitron3030

correct....

ive done a little research, and found the following programs that may work...

macdraft
    vectorworks
    archicad
    turbocad

i am currently download some demo versions of a couple of them, i will let you know how it goes. any other programs that are good to use for "plan view"? thanks!!

5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

How much are you looking to spend?

Are you using GSU or SketchUp Pro?

6. chunkitron3030

cost is no factor, it is for my workplace as they will be paying for it. i just need something that will work. thanks..

mac draft i found really sucks, turbocad says it will work on mac, but the version i got looks like it is pc only (.exe file), so i am still needing some help!!

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

ProLandscape is some of the best software you can buy for landscape design.

8. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Vectorworks is a professional CAD program that is used by some architects and landscape architects. They have specialized versions for each.