landscape edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ruiztreelandscape, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ruiztreelandscape

ruiztreelandscape LawnSite Member

Anyone out there install decorative concrete landscape edging.or heard about
    it give me your opinion on it.

SR

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it is popular especially down south. No some much here in the Midwest though. The only thing I can say is make sure you really know your market before you purcashe the equipment. A friend of mine is sitting on a machine now that was used 2 times.

3. pgiambat

pgiambat LawnSite Member

Ruiz,
    By all means do it. I have had so many customers landscape and not border their beds (or just a little black plastic runner) and you get a lot of grass you can't trim or you'll cut down a tulip or hasta (good 'ol Nebreaska plants). I just about beg them to put someting in along the lines of stone, brick-tilted-on-edge. Concrete would be the bomb. I say do it.

4. pgiambat

pgiambat LawnSite Member

Ruiz,
    I guess I should answer your question. No I have not. I just got excited. I LOVE trimming up against a good solid border, it looks great. You have my encouragement.

5. ruiztreelandscape

ruiztreelandscape LawnSite Member

:) Thanks for the encouragement I purchased the turnkey package and going to do a trade show in March .I hope it really takes off,I have a feeling it will.I have been showing this to everyone they love it.Well thanks for the feedback everyone.

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

It's popular down south, but with cold temps. and frost heaving up here in the north, I don't see how it would last unless a proper base was installed under it.

7. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

Concrete edging is hot here! I would go for it if I were you. Be the first to start the trend. We are looking to purchase a set up now. Good Luck.