1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Flyer - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by advantage landscapes, Feb 6, 2008.

1. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

Put some work into this, hoping you can let me know what you think. What you like, what you don't like.

Got rid of the contact info, thank you for the calls at midnight whoever you are.

Hopefully I will get lots if good feedback. I am looking to use this as a flyer, and possibly folded in half inside a doorhanger bag as a doorhanger.

***Had to take off the pictures and background... To be able to upload the file. The real one will be much better-looking in that respect***

Attached Files:

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

very informative. but personally i think you can put all that same info in it without so many words. i think your using too many words to say what you need to say. id also put the graphic at the top.
  3. Lawn Care Cory

Lawn Care Cory LawnSite Member

I agree, if you can word it differently so that it says the same thing with less writing, the less likely it will be turned into scratch paper. Logo would look better at the top.
  4. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

Okay... See I have trouble writing this kind of thing. I know it should be short, I'm just not sure how to get it there.

Should I change the paragraph into a bulleted list, and cut down on the wording? I think that may work?

Also how would you reposition things so the logo is at the top? How would you recommend reformatting the page?

Thanks for the help... very much appreciated.
  5. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

at the bottom you say "we are looking FOREWORD to..." the correct spelling is forward
  6. Bob-Cat#1

Bob-Cat#1 LawnSite Member

Constructive criticism:
    I agree with the other guys, it does seem too wordy. I don't think mine is oerfect either, but I've attached it and maybe it'll give you some ideas. I do have one other observation though... You label your company as a full service landscape company, but your services are all lawn care... There's a HUGE difference between the two. Hopefully this will help you out.
  7. Bob-Cat#1

Bob-Cat#1 LawnSite Member

The attachment didn't attach... Here it is.

Attached Files:

8. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

This is a total piece of **** and I would throw it away if i saw it in my door..

Thats what 95% of people are gonna say without even reading it, no fault of you, its just trash..The other 4% are gonna open it up and say **** all this reading..lol and throw it away.. I like to keep things straight and simple..you really need your header at the top to introduce yourself.. look at it this way

you wouldn't walk up to someone on the street with ya hand out for a shake like "HEEEY ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LAWN SERVICE??.. CHOOSE ME!! WHY CHOOSE ME DO YOU ASK?? heh the dude will run away..

In my opinion this is best..

short about yourself

i would try and combine the services down to fewer lines, and list them in the order of the seasons..

ehh i had a second so i messed with it.. youll want to make text bigger to fill page..just me though everybody is different

Attached Files:

9. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

Less is more
  10. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

Here is mine

Attached Files: