1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape/Hardscape Design Software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 4evergreenlawns, Jan 12, 2007.

1. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns LawnSite Member

Looking for a nice tool that will be easy to use but give nice drawings of both Landscape and Hardscape projects.

Anyone with input on a software product they are using and have had good results from both as a selling and management tool please let me know.

Ron G
  2. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

3. 4evergreenlawns

Went with Earthscape. I know of Corell and belive they will be around for awhile. It was only $895.00 with the pen table and avaiable right now so I bought it.

I will start using it in the next few days as I have a couple of project that need some ideas developed. I will let give a report once I use it some.

Hope I made a good choice.

Thanks again!
  4. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

I looked at this software and this picture that was on the website of the 2D drawings looks really cheessy. I think it looks like a photoshop tutorial with the fruit and vegatables. I would have look into other software before making a purchase. There are better out there for that kind of money, this is just my opinion based on the limited knowledge that I have of this spicific software based on the online demo and the pictures.

5. 4evergreenlawns

What software are you using? How long have you been using it? What is your experience level? How much in $$$ accounts for your Hardscape? Do you do the selling? How long have you been in business?

You input is vauled based on seveal of these things. One picture alone can would not support an investment either way.

Corell has been around for years and there has been very few updates to the product. I know NOTHING about drafix but I can see they are on Version 13. I want a product that works now and that has been working not something that needs to be update every couple months causing me to spend time to re-learn a product.