Landscape I did last week

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mcwlandscaping, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Simple project, created the bed next to driveway, put in some more plants that the customer wanted in the the bed by the house, and mulched.

2. mcwlandscaping

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Looks real nice!
  4. Grass Cake

Grass Cake LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone C

Ugh...those shovels look heavy! :)

Nice job with the tools you used :weightlifter:
  5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice improvement, just be careful plowing this winter:)
    Did you plant infront of the foundation on the left side of the front stairs? It looks like the same in one of the closer pictures.

Is that string tied to the shovel thats on the ground?
  6. mcwlandscaping

LOL, yes the string is attached to the shovel, i realized i forgot the stakes and wasn't worth going back........gotta make due with what you have.

On the left of the stairs, she had bought a TON of plants to stick in there, she had no idea and said she didn't even read the tag. We picked the ones that would work the best and just did a few eynonomous' (sp) in the bed so she'd be happy!!

As far as plowing, when i plow that place, the snow goes to the other side so it's no big deal!
  7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Not too bad, I suppose, besides I personally hate straight bed lines. If she picked the plants then nothing to say about that. But I will anyway, I would have chosen a few vertical plantings to go with those low ones.
    Now, my question is... what is going to keep that grass out of those new beds?
  8. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, i've tried to do beds like that b4 but got so damn frustrated. The main problem was that i couldnt keep the bed level when digging. Also, why didn't you rent a sod cutter to speed things up? The quality of your work is amazing! -Mitch-
  9. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

You are kidding, ......right?

10. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

No....... I was totally serious. That job looks very professionally done and he and the homeowner should be proud. -Mitch-