1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape install we just finished

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by NNJLandman, May 21, 2006.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Luckily the job was right down the street from where I live becasue I forgot my camera and we were just getting set to install the new plants after we ripped out the exisitng shrubs so I have a before picture of the stuff we ripped out and the bed. I always have resizing problems so here is a link to my web shots. Enjoy the pictures and please comment on the job.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=550621564&security=tiHxmr

Jeff

2. NNJLandman

Wow is my work that bad, this is the second time I posted my work and got no responses....thanks alot

3. INlawncare

INlawncare LawnSite Member
    from IN

Nice work, gives the house a nice look. Keep it up!!

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

hey man looks good like the mulch.

5. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

install looks ill! do you cut the grass regularly looks like it can be cleaned up a bit and thro down some fert.. otherwise gret job!

6. NNJLandman

No we do not cut the lawn at this house, we just did the landscape install, the customer maintains his own grass, thanks for the comments.

Jeff

7. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Looks OK....think you could do better though.

9. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

looks pretty nice, keep up the good work. would you mind telling how much you charged for that job?

10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Try grouping the material instead. For instance:

Instead of the pattern of: (best guess of plants from pics) arborvitae, pieris, azalea, spruce, azalea, pieris, arborvitae.

Try something like: aborvitae, 3 pieris toward back, 4 azaleas triangulated around pieris, spruce and loose the other aborvitae and anchor the corner with a nice acer/maple. Then use some of the 'fillers' like the hosta, euyonumus etc. This will help give a more natural look and the house will not look so 'boxy'.

Also try to give the bed some more defenition by not using a straight line, throw some curves at it.

Definitely loose the 2 annuals on stands.