Landscape Installation Deposit Percentage??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Slcareco, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I was wondering what the range of deposit percentage of the total cost of a job is?? 25-50%

I have a job for 87,000 so I want to know whats reasonable and dont say just what covers cost.... I need a % thats the normal.... thanks..

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

On residential contracts, I get 50% deposit; for commercial -- 33%. Some states have a set limit on deposit percentages.

3. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

thats what I figured, thanks for the quick response

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

We get 50% down, 50 on completion, (residential). But then I've never had a 87,000 job, so congratulations.

5. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your state laws. Some do not allow a 50% deposit.

6. Lyon Landscaping

Lyon Landscaping LawnSite Member

CA is 10% of the job or $1,000 - whichever is less for the down payment. That is the law. Once the job starts then it is fair game to get more based on a pay schedule agreed upon or however else you have it in the contract.

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

At 85K, I would request a 25% deposit and then take a weekly payments until the project is completed.

How long do you expect it to take. At 85k, average sized business, I would assume (stress the word assume) that it will take at least 4 weeks.

8. FLCthes4:11-12

FLCthes4:11-12 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah for me I would want 33% up front and that shoud get you going then make draws based on completed work after that.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

You need to have a signed payment scedule, stating that no work will resume untill payments have been made.

10. land_scaper70

land_scaper70 LawnSite Member

I would like to see what a $87,000 job looks like, unless it is just mulch around a shopping mall? Anyhow, 1/3 the total cost sound about right.