Landscape Job we did today.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjsquickcuts, May 8, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I little something me and my crew did today. I will get better and brighter photos in the morning, when we go lay the pinestraw(which is a whole different story...Ga guys, we might have a problem) around the back of the lawn. I will also get pics of the other half ass jobs next door and across the street as a example of you guys not to do....Before pics first.....

DSCF0265.JPG

DSCF0266.JPG

DSCF0267.JPG

DSCF0268.JPG

DSCF0269.JPG

2. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Early this morning, before we pulled out of the stable....

DSCF0270.JPG

DSCF0271.JPG

3. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

After....the bed edging is pretty good, nice thick layer of Brown Mulch......A few flower beds, with Verbenas, petunas, coleus, marigold, and Celosia and a few more that I am too tired to even think about right now. This was after a 26 lawn day for my crew, plus one. Me and one of my other guys did all the prep work, and had a nice loooong lunch before everybody else got there to help push mulch and plant flowers.

DSCF0272.JPG

DSCF0273.JPG

DSCF0274.JPG

DSCF0275.JPG

DSCF0276.JPG

4. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

More after pics.....

DSCF0277.JPG

DSCF0278.JPG

DSCF0279.JPG

DSCF0280.JPG

DSCF0281.JPG

5. DeepMudRancher

DeepMudRancher LawnSite Member

That looks awesome....did u say you were going to lay pinestraw over that?!?!?! Why would you cover up that nice mulch?

6. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Wow very nice. Looks great.

7. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

That mulch alone make it looks 10 times better than the pine straw............

8. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Great job - neat and precise . Its just personal preference , but I prefer to 'bunch' the annuals in a mulched bed rather than a line or circle of plants . What about pine straw - are you referring to the shortage ?

9. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Thanks guys....Nooo the pine straw is going in the back yard....all the way in the back where the property borders the woods....Well the only reason I lined and circled was because of the plants growth rate. I will snap some more pics in about a month, once everything has starting the grow. But yeah, with the wild fire in South Ga, and the drought, I am hearing rumors of a Pine straw panic down the line. My straw guy said that he thinks we will be okay, but you never know. Man, we are on a roll, and because we edge the beds, our jobs look 10 times better and I am sure my referral rate is much greater. We have about 25 mulch and Flower combos to do between now and the end of this month. Oh, by the way, it was 8 yards exact, but we piled it on tough. Could have used 6 yards, and had it skimped in some places, but would rather have it last then half ass it.

10. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Can I ask a question? (BTW everything looks great!) Why does that house have a sign out front that says "Private Residence?"