Landscape Lighting Contracts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Mar 5, 2005.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a copy of a landscape lighting contract they use for residential clients? I want to create one. Presently we use a blank template with our logo and company info on letterhead and terms and conditions on back. Then I write all light info in blank area...pretty tedious...looking for some ideas?

Brian

2. Sunset

Sunset LawnSite Member

Dont have a contract myself but nightscaping contractor support may help. www.nightscaping.com

Sean

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Brian, what was you thinking about lighting contract? Annual checkup? Inquiring minds want to know? What brand of lights are you installing? I have been using cast light fixtures.

4. johndarron

johndarron LawnSite Member

I like Unique, Vista and Fx. All three are top quality with great pricing. I prefer the Unique transformer and of course the fixturers depend on the application and what the customer wants. Most of the time it is copper or brass in any of the above lines.

Darron Bryant
    darronbryant@yahoo.com

5. Mark B

Hey Darron, have you seen the cast lights yet. They are a heavy duty cast brass fixture. I really like the 25' lead they have on them as well. They cost me $44.00ea.

6. johndarron

I have had a chance to play around with the Cast fixtures and I think they are of good quality but I like the Unique fixtures better.

7. Mark B

I have not seen any Unique fixtures.

8. johndarron

Go ahead and take a look at the Unique fixtures online and also they have a very efficent system of installation called a hub system. Makes installs a snap and if you follow the installation guidelines the whole system is under warranty for life with 0% call backs. I have contacts with suppliers for this line so if you need pricing or would like to try it out send me an email darronbryant@yahoo.com

9. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

i am looking for both contracts...install and maintenance. we currently use vista lighting...decent fixtures, they come with ground spikes and waterproof wire nuts...leaves nothing for the labor to 'forget'.

does anyone have a copy of a contract???

brian

10. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Go to a Cast distributor and buy or see if they will give you their Landscape Lighting Training Manual. There is one in the back of this manual as well as other valuable information.

As Sleepyhead suggested, the Cast bullets are cast bronze product and are extremely impressive to the clients when they hold one in their hands. These things with the bronze steak weigh a ton and are extremely competitively priced. All of the Cast fixtures come with 25 foot no ox tin coated 16 gauge leads with the exception of the tree light - it come with a 30 foot lead.The wiring method in the Cast manual is the same as Unique's but they call it the spider method except all connections are soldered and put in a large grease tube. This wiring method makes life simple. The large grease tubes are I feel superior to the filled wire nuts. Most contractors decisions on which products to use are influenced by the distributor also. If a contractor has a great relationship with a distributor that carries let's say Vista, he will probably be installing Vista mainly. I have a great relationship with a Cast distributor, so guess what I use for most of my installs. Used to use only FX and some Vista. Still use one of Vista's sealed in-grounds and a little FX though. I'm also sponsoring a Cast Training Seminar here in the South this week.

How ya been Sleepyhead.

SamIV