Landscape Lighting - How to Start ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by LawnExperts, Sep 16, 2006.

1. LawnExperts

LawnExperts LawnSite Member

I've browsed a lot this forum but didn't find and easer way to start offering landscape lighting and here can I learn something

I've heard that some manuf. offer a free training.

I really need some advice where to start....

Thanks...

2. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

You must go to California Landscape lighting Superbowl of lighting. This was the most Comprehensive one day seminar Ive ever been to. Some Manufactures have training but they want you to use their product. CLL dosent push one product, just all the products they sell. Give them a look.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

all manufacturers offer classes for beginning contractors.

Some of the larger suppliers do as well... remember, as eskerlite said, they will emphasize thier products, but the principals apply to all brands.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

we attended 2 seminars altho they were geared more at marketing than anything. We did alot of research and homework on lighting as well as read books and got some hands on with an experienced person.

We adapted some others techniques and created something that works well for us as well as providing high end work thats has superior workmanship to any in the area.

Learn learn lear is the best you can do. Load your gun before you shoot.

5. Sunset

Sunset LawnSite Member

Try your local Ewing branch they typically have classes several times a year.

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Contact Rich Swor at Longhorn Irrigation there in Plano. Tell him that I sent you and he will get you taken care of. He is one of the best and he's right there in your back yard. His # is 972-423-0823.
    Good luck.