Landscape Lighting in the Irrigation Business

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Chris J, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I'm curious as to how many of you guys incorporate lighting with your business. Are you to busy for it, or maybe don't want the night work added to your busy schedules? Chime in here and let us know how this industry is helping (or not helping) your business.

Best of Business to you!

2. One of my best buds in the supply house business has worked on me for years to get into LL. I went to a really good Cast Lighting seminar and even put some in at my house. I just had no passion for it. Could probably make a killing with my high end customer list but my attitude is that if they want it let them find people who have a passion for it and they will get a better job than I could ever do.

3. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I can respect you're attitude. Although I'm in the Landscape Lighting business, I get a lot of calls each year for Christmas lights. I put my heart and soul into the creation of beautiful lighting design, and the thought of tearing it down just kills my soul; therefore, I don't do Christmas lighting.
    If you aren't passionate about what you do, you won't be doing it for too long.

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Fimco,
    You can always send them my way:-D

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

My own concerns about the low-voltage lighting concern the integrity of the fixtures and connections. Too much corrosion and general lack of moisture resistance in the early LV lighting products.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

High quality lights don't have that problem, but you do fork out a good chunk of change per lamp.

7. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I've been pushing the lighting thing softly for a few years. This year, it suddenly gained traction and took off. The only thing I don't like is having to wait until dark to "fine tune" everything. Around here, that can be 10:00 pm or later at the peak of summer.