landscape lighting photo calendars

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by High Performance Lighting, Dec 17, 2006.

1. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

I've been thinking about having them printed for the past 17 years featuring project photos and as each yr. comes and goes I just haven't gotten around to do it. Is anyone using this great method for keeping your name in front of your clients and prospects each month? I've never seen one. Not that it's an original idea but is anyone else aware of anyone who is doing this? I'd like to see what they are up to. Thanks.

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I think thats a tremendous idea. Also if they hang it in thier home every person that visits thier home will see who did it.

3. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Great idea, albeit expensive. I did some online searching to see how much it would cost. The lowest prices I found was with http://www.printpelican.com and range between $3 and $6 per, depending on qty.

I'd also like to see the magnetic type (around 4" x 7") that can go on the fridge. For that, I would check out www.paylessmagnets.com. They run from $1.57 (125 qty) to $0.80 (500 qty.)

4. Pro-Scapes

3 to 6 bucks is nothing to a paying client. I like the magnetic ones for prospects. We had fridge magnets made up that look just like our business card.

We usually give a t shirt or 2 with our systems or a sunvisor. 20 bucks in shirts isnt anything for someone purchasing one of my systems and its also a write off.

5. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

This year we had dry erase magnet boards made up. They had our logo and info and along the side had all the emergency numbers for the county ie: police, fire, hospitals, poison control, runaway children, red cross etc. Only problem is high end homes that we usually cater to have stainless steel refriderators and these didn't stick However they re nice for the parents to leave with the babysitters in case of emergency.

6. High Performance Lighting

from So Cal

I went ahead and finally put the calendar together and am having proofs printed now. Then I'm going to probably print 250 or so. I don't know where the 3 to 6 dollar quote came from but maybe that's if you print 5,000 of them. At the qty's I'm looking at for a full size full bleed color calendar they are around 10-15 apiece when everything is said and done.

7. Pro-Scapes

wow 10-15 is high... but if you give them to paying clients thats a drop in a bucket. I would love to buy one once you get them mike.

8. High Performance Lighting

from So Cal

You got it Billy, I'll let you know when they are ready. This is being printed on a press not digital so 10-15 is pretty low cost for 26 pages of 8 1/2" X 11" full color printing and binding services.