landscape lighting stuff

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

quick, check out my new logo before it gets moved to another forum...

119435_logo_final.jpg

2. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Only thing missin is you on a hamock under the palm sippin a drink with a little umbrella in it. Other than that it looks ok.

3. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

just playing devil's advocate -How does the logo relate to landscape lighting?

4. Mike M

from usa

Regionally, Hilton Head is known as "the island." There are also thousands of islands in the county, and the region is known as the sea islands.

I just thought lightscapes would be more simple than landscape lighting, but should I change it to Island Landscape Lighting?

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Dang mike g., can't you see it? there a...hump, and that's, ...an island, and then those stars, see, thats, dark, like and theres a ...a...soft light kinda on the hump and that's the...light ! wait, I see the light going up the palm tree ! that's an effect- we uplight ! see, it's obvious !

kidding aside, it does look pretty slick. it kind of reminds me of a lawn service here that has a fairy as their logo. everybody remembers it, yet I have only seen two, maybe 3 fairies while doing lawn care for the past 25 years.

6. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

I, er ...I mean the devil, was referring to the image and not some much the verbiage or moniker "Lightscapes" or "Landscape Lighting" per se.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Just think... you could open up a local watering hole with the same logo.... I guess im not one to talk. My logo doesnt really have much to do with lighting altho it has a kinda artistic splash to it.

8. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good Mike, it's simple and clean. Easily reproducible for vinyl or screenprint on shirts.

9. Mike M

from usa

it kind of reminds me of a lawn service here that has a fairy as their logo.

Fairy?? Is it too feminine? I could add an alligator with a bottle of tequila peeing behind the tree...

Billy, I like your logo because of the creative touch and quality emphasis. I think photo's to accompany our logo's are essential, too, such as in Chris's truck wrap, and everyone's websites. Which brings me back to needing a new camera.

I guess the main thing is something simple and memorable, and reproducible. The palm trees are a big seller down here, since most residents are northeast transplants and they want to surround themselves with the "palms" lifestyle.

10. NiteTymeIlluminations

NiteTymeIlluminations LawnSite Senior Member

I like it...It made me think that maybe Jimmy Buffett should release a lighting line...gears clicking