Landscape Lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by ewhite17, May 29, 2013.

1. ewhite17

ewhite17 LawnSite Member

Where is a good place to buy landscape lighting wholesale, or even a really good retail location?

2. jlcrox2

jlcrox2 LawnSite Member

Local John Deere landscapes can usually get whatever I need

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Voltlighting.com

You can go through your local distributor also, just be prepared to pay more and wait longer for your product.

4. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a joke?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

I would recommend going to the manufacturer's website and looking for their local distributors. Wholesale has too many drawbacks and unless you are spending $100k a year on materials, it's not worth it. As mentioned above, JDL stocks several quality manufacturers. Your local landscape supply store should have something to offer. Most importantly, build a relationship with your distributor.

6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Before we all jump in with various answers, maybe we ought to know why ewhite is asking the question. Are you looking for lighting for your own home? Have you been asked to do a lighting job for a client? Are you planning to get into the landscape lighting business? Our answers might be better directed if we knew your reason for asking.

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Did I put a laughing or smiling face?

It's ok, I know your a VOLT hater. Please enlighten me, what makes a local distributor better than buying online? Why is VOLT so threatening to you? My experience has been nothing but grief going local.

8. lirjc1

lirjc1 LawnSite Member

Maybe you have some bad distributors around you? Volt actually looks pretty good as i'm going through their website here, but I can't really complain that much about going locally. Unless were trying to get some kind of specialty light that's a pain for them to look up and order. Plus they keep a decent stock of fixtures so we can do some rapid additions and such when needed.

9. ewhite17

ewhite17 LawnSite Member

I am looking at it for my house now, and where I live we do not really have a local distributor other than like home depot. What are your experience with VOLT they look good, and extremely helpful site.