landscape lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS lawn care, Jul 13, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i was thinking about doing low voltage landscape lighting and was wondering how would you get the wire under a driveway or a sidewalk.

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Over around or jus have two different power sources.....then of course you can always rip up the driveway

3. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

take a peace of 3\4" pvc.
    male adapter on one end too hook to hose.
    reduce to 1\2 bout 5' down the pipe(creates more pressure)
    heat then squeeze the end together to make a spray nozzle work it under the driveway using water pressure to drill a small tunnel(1" dia) that u can run wiring or conduit thru.

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same problem the way I solved it was: I took a piece of 1" cast iron Pipe with a cap on it made a hole with the shovel the depth I needed and used a Sledge hammer and beat that pipe right under the side walk took about 15 min. Simple and cheap

Good Luck

5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Any of the ideas above work.

If all that is needed is one light to get on the other side of a double driveway. I don't add the light.

If a series is going there. Another electrical source is best.

Thing with low voltage lighting. Your length of run is limited as well as the number of light wattage for the transformer. Much easier to have several electric outlets.

My own house I have 6 zones of lighting. 4 are from independent outlets.

We usualy install 1 or 2 zone lighting. Largest we laid out was 10 zones