Landscape lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by alpine692003, Nov 12, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you guys out here, know of a landscape lighting message forum just like this lawnsite.com???

I really like landscape lighting and I was wondering if there is a landscape lighting message forum dedicated to this type of service??

Also, if there are any good landscape lighting install books!

2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

lighting is one of those things that really needs to be taught one on one IMO in the field. I have yet to gain an excellant understanding of lighting but I'm learning. This week I made plans to help a guy who's been doing low voltage for 20 years and in exchange he's going to mentor me in the process. Maybe the best gift I could ever ask for as far as education on the subject goes.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

lighting an art like hard and soft scaping any buddy can do it but not every body has the eye for it . I see allot of hack jobs but very few good ones.

4. alpine692003

Thats' true, Im taking a few courses at my college which teaches us landscape lighting and water pond construction..

I can't wait to do general landscape maintenance and then tackle on a water pond/ landscape lighting project to go with it...

I'm going to buy some books on landscape lighting and start reading up on it!

5. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Nightscaping (nightscaping.com) has a section on their web-site that offers advice called Information on Demand. FX Luminaire also has info at fxl.com. Click on Installer I think and it will walk you through it. Also Hadco offers training courses at very little cost to you. I went to a three day seminar at their plant in Texas. Did not push their product at all. Taught lightning techniques, installation methods, and the business end. Also check out lowvolt.org. The site does not get as many posts as here, but still has a wealth of information in the older posts.

SamIV

6. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info Sam. Best I've seen here on lighting.

7. alpine692003

Unfortunately, those are in the states I'm looking for something in CANADA ...

:waving: