landscape maintance insurance.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ben's Landscape, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking around at insurance for this year. I went online and had a hard time finding a company that covers landscaping. I have heard about Contractors insurance that covers everything liability for plowing etc?? What companies do you use. What is a ball park figure??

Thanks I was getting all confused with LLC, Insurance etc.?? Maybe you can put this in simplier terms. Thanks a lot.

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Bearwise landscapers insurance. We currently use Nationwide, but I think this company could better explain the insurance coverage.

3. Ben's Landscape

Thanks I will check them out.

4. santafe

santafe LawnSite Member

I have a $1,000,000/$2,000,000 policy from american family for less than $400/yr.

5. Ben's Landscape

Thanks Santafe!! Is that like the going price??

6. santafe

santafe LawnSite Member

thats just what i am paying. there are others on here that could tell you if that is normal or not. just small potatoes here.

7. BCofDayton

BCofDayton LawnSite Member

American Family here as well

8. Afabiano

Afabiano LawnSite Member

We use grange mutual through an agent. They insure us for lawn care and snow plowing liability and also includes commercial auto insurance. 3-4K a year.

9. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

we use state farm for all of our insurance except workman’s comp. we use a company called star for workmans comp…don’t know anything about them but state farm hooked us up with them. been with star insurance for workmans comp for 3 years and havnt had any problems out of them yet

1 million is the normal and most commercial properties are ok with that amount. Depending on what commercial properties you bid on you may need 2 million. That is what we have.

Contractor insurance is what you are going to need but it does not cover snow plowing. You will need to change you vehicle insurance to…I think its called utility insurance but not positive? Ask who ever you have auto insurance threw right now and they will tell you. Don’t know why contractor insurance doesn’t cover snow plowing but state farm told me that part relies on auto insurance.

10. buffalonick

buffalonick LawnSite Member

Do all of these prices that are posted for liability include auto insurance of is that extra? And can you keep your same auto insurance?