landscape package

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by allways green, Jan 15, 2004.

1. allways green

allways green LawnSite Member

I have a contractor that wants me to come up with some landscape packages. I have never did it this way. He wants 3 packages. Do you guys have any? He also wants a price on sodding. I have a hydro-seeder. They sod the front and seed the back. I have never priced sod before, how much would you charge for sod a sq. ft.
    Thanks Rex

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Rex,is this for Ryan Homes?

Mac

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Olderthandirt where in ohio are you?

4. allways green

allways green LawnSite Member

no this is for buck head homes. I live in adams county east of cinn.

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

If this is a foundation planting package, ask what the budget for each house is going to be. Do a design for each model type, price it and present it. Sod is hard for people out of your area to price. Here, builders try to get sodding done for as little as $2.50 per sq. yd. We can't make money at that price. Your material price and labor costs will determine what you can do as well as what the competition is charging.

6. olderthandirt

from here

About 30 miles north of Mansfield

7. olderthandirt

from here

I use to do this for Ryan Homes there specs were 4 yds top-soil and 4yds mulch and it was up to us to supply the plant packages We had 3 packages small mediam and large to match the homes we buy all our plant whls. and tried to make $700 profit per house
    We were paid $12-15-1700 per package. Ryan wanted quinity not quility and thats what they paid for. We used a lot of sand cherrys, blue rugs, burning bushes, gold cypress they looked good but not something I would sell a customer. They had us installing all yr round even when finish grades were not done. We did lawns but the only ones that got sod was the models. Don't waste a lot of time coming up with plans for his homes I would tell them some thing like plant package is XXXX amount of dollars and you can choose any 8 of the 12 plants I have submitted. The guys not going to want to tie up any more of his $$ for landscaping than what he can get back fast, and if you lose the bid you will be better off, sell it to the new home owner at twice what the builders willing to pay .Thats what he's doing.

Mac

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I have never done it this way, but I know the 'high end' landscape package here is around 3500. But trust me, there is nothing high end about them.

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member