Landscape pics

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jerrad781, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Jerrad781

Jerrad781 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey guys .. this will be my first landscape job... the first couple pics are just before and after i cleaned them ... havent started landscaping yet...... but any comments..... complaints ... pointers after i start that would help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

Are you talking full hardscape and greenery or what?

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I got two mexician ( legal so i pay extra) that could clean that up in less than 1 hour.

4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

looks good, id just sweep or blow off the boards on the sides to make it look proffesional

5. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

and if you have a half moon edger or a straight edged shovel i would clean up the outside of the timbers also. or if there is just one timber lying on the ground pull it up then clean it up and reset it properly. it will make it look almost new. like detailing an old car

6. Jerrad781

from Florida

Thanks guys, im goin back tomorrow to do some more work, ill go back and clean out the outside of the timbers. I still havent cleaned up all of it yet, the lady wants to transplant the monkey grass to the back yard so i havent removed those yet.. as far as what im going to do with the landscaping not sure yet the owner said they are getting about 1,500 bucks worth of plants from a friend that owns a nursery so what ever she gets im goin to work off that...... ill post those pics here shortly....

and to the other reply im working by myself ... i am a full time firefighter doing this on the side getting paid by the hour so im doing it in a timely manner but also trying to make some money

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

See if you can get her to get rid of those old landscape timbers and replace them with some kind of brick. Those timbers look pretty old and termites just love them. Let her know it will be money well spent and will save her alot of money in the long run if she ends up with termite damage.

8. Jerrad781

from Florida

lol funny u say that cause me and her husband think the same thing but she is wanting to keep them.... i might just go with what he says but.. u know how the lady always win....

9. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just some thoughts:

Around the house ... talk to her about taking out those old, dated timbers ... and re-create a curved bedding edge (either with a spade or a power edger) ... and talk her into mulch or some sort of rock. Bringing the bed out farther from the house, and putting a curve to it will soften the square foundation of the house where it meets the landscape.

If she goes with mulch, you can sell her that now ... and refresh it at least once a year.

I like curves ... use them everywhere and anywhere I can. It adds a more pleasing look to the landscape.

Just some thoughts ...

10. Jerrad781

from Florida

Thanks i havent asked her about that .... very good idea.... ill run that by her and see how it goes...... i agree 100% about the curves it makes beds look a whole lot better thanks guys for all the pointers...... ill have more pics soon